Faster without Risk
New Year Release Announcement for Feature Flags Management Service: Introducing FeatBit v3
Happy New Year!
As we welcome 2024, FeatBit is thrilled to announce a major release that we've been eagerly preparing for.
To fully appreciate this update, we recommend starting with our article "Overview of Modern Feature Flags Management Service". This piece offers a quick understanding of Feature Flags Management Services, detailing how they integrate with the broader technical ecosystem, enhance R&D team efficiency, and foster organizational growth. This background will enrich your understanding of FeatBit's latest version.
In this announcement, we'll cover the new release in three sections:
- Current release's new features.
- Upcoming features in development.
- FeatBit's objectives for 2024.
Key New Features in FeatBit V3
Note: All features are open source.
- Expanding on our existing .NET (C#), Python, Java, and Go SDKs for backend services, we now proudly support the NodeJS SDK.
Our feature-rich WebHook allows seamless integration with various tools and workflows:
- Send Feature Flags & Segment Webhook events to any required API endpoints.
- Dispatch Feature Flags & Segment Activity/Deployment Events to Observability tools for faster issue detection and rollback, including:
- New Relic Ones
- And more
- Send Feature Flags & Segment Notifications to Communication tools, enhancing team collaboration:
- And more
Building on our auto turn-off trigger for flags, we've added key workflow features for feature flags management:
- Scheduled flag changes: Define and schedule future changes to your flag’s targeting rules.
- Approval Request: Enables team leaders to approve feature flag changes made by team members.
Utilize REST APIs for comprehensive control over feature flags and Segments, enabling:
- Integration with your Entitlement Management service.
- APIs, instead of manual feature flag deactivation.When an issue is detected by APM tools, alerts can trigger a rollback of a feature using FeatBit's REST APIs.
- Simplification of DevOps pipelines through streamlined feature flag management.
- And more.
We've prepared two guides on exporting feature flag insights and experimental events to third-party data tools or warehouses:
- How to export data to Segment, Azure EventHub, and other destinations.
- Integration with Growthbook for A/B testing.
We eagerly await your feedback on optimizing data export functionalities.
Self-Host Deployment Solution:
- Helm Chart: Easily deploy FeatBit to production-level Kubernetes infrastructures, available for both Standard and Pro versions. We also offer a paid enterprise-level solution for multi-data-center deployments.
- Terraform: Deploy the standard version of FeatBit to Azure with our Terraform solution. Your feedback on this is highly valued.
SSO & Workspace:
- Workspace: Large teams can now manage multiple organizations and projects within a single workspace. Enterprise license holders can extend their license across the company.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): For larger teams, FeatBit supports SSO for seamless integration with existing enterprise accounts.
Near future features we're working on
OpenTelemetry: Export Self-Hosted FeatBit Service logs and status to monitoring systems using the OpenTelemetry protocol for enhanced service maintenance.
FeatBit's 2024 Tasks
After a year of significant developments in 2023, FeatBit has evolved into a real Modern Feature Flags Management Service, equipped with essential features. Our focus for 2024 is clear:
- Gather community and customer feedback.
- Develop and release updates based on this feedback.
We extend our heartfelt thanks to:
- Our contributors, whose dedication has been instrumental to our success.
- Our users, whose valuable feedback has guided our development.
- Our early-stage enterprise customers, whose support has been crucial.
- Everyone who has tried FeatBit, inspiring us to continue improving and delivering a top-notch product.
We hope that FeatBit will provide you with the best open-source feature flags management service.